Reports to: Director, Patient Access
The roles and responsibilities of this job support the mission, vision, values, and strategies of University Radiology. The Scheduling Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the department call center, including business objectives, performance and resource management. This position will continually make recommendations to management regarding process and system improvements that benefit the organization and assist in there implementation. Focus is on providing exceptional customer service with empathy while resolving the customers' requests and questions timely.
- Oversees daily operations of the scheduling call center, including but not limited to human resource management, process and workflow development, project performance monitoring, real time metric adherence.
- Continually works to enhance call center operations and customer satisfaction by monitoring overall system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses.
- Thinks ‘out of the box’ and takes initiative on implementing new strategies to keep ahead of organizations growth needs.
- Set goals, priorities, and performance standards for scheduling and registration functions including: scheduling, referral workflows, call routing, insurance verification, and registration.
- Prepare and review all scheduling call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. Analyzes overall performance across all identified critical metrics, and specifically those related to quality, timeliness and productivity to identify trends and/or perform root-cause analysis; creating control plans to improve problem areas; using data to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded.
- Maintains full understanding of call center technologies to ensure optimal functionality.
- Ensures that staffing is maintained at approved resource levels based on staffing forecasts and work activity; proactively advises Director on any staffing deficiencies or performance factors that may impact operational performance.
- Manages all human resource functions within the scheduling call center to maintain a high level of customer service, including interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, annual evaluations and provide daily team support.
- Monitors and reviews scheduling representative’s performance by completing regular quality reviews of calls and daily task. Create and implement methodologies to improve and measure the patient experience. Ensure that patient experience and service standards are met.
- Develop and maintain an atmosphere of trust, open communication, and team support among staff and with management.
- Anticipates the needs of the customer and supervises the provision of service to all customers, including patients, physicians, radiologists, hospitals, and staff. Researches and resolves problems.
- Provides relief to the scheduling department by taking phone calls and scheduling appointments as needed. Able to accurately schedule and/or reschedule all exams within the scope of the Scheduling department
- Assist scheduling staff with complex patient situations.
- Demonstrates teamwork and integrity in all work-related activities. Ensures that work performed supports organization’s mission of excellent customer service and care.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participates in their resolution.
- Work is performed independently with only general direction. Director does not usually check on activities and / or quality of work. Staff member exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree preferred. Associates degree in business-related field or its equivalent in terms of experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum five years prior scheduling experience
- Knowledge of radiological modalities
- Previous supervisory experience in customer service/call center environment highly preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized in a fast past environment.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently pull, analyze and review data for outcome and improvement opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor-positive communication, team skills/cross function collaborator
- Possess a proven track record for coaching and developing employees. Must be a team player who can contribute to providing a professional and positive work environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and SharePoint