RIS Support - Level 1
Radiology Information System Support Level 1
Monday through Friday from 8:30a-2:30pm through January/February 2019
Summary of Duties: The incumbent is responsible for the support, and routine maintenance of the University Radiology Information Systems - including and not limited to the group RIS Application (Medinformatix), Fax application, PhoneTree application, physician/patient web portal. The incumbent is also responsible for establishing relationships w/ and supporting other business managers in order to provide them w/ the necessary RIS tools to perform their tasks, including (but not limited to) basic helpdesk support, training, and system maintenance.
- Provide first response to emergent and urgent computer systems problems related to RIS database/application integrity
- Maintain and monitor the RIS interfaces including RightFax, PhoneTree, Web Portal (patients, physicians), Print Server, and ancillary systems.
- Assist w/ the IT "Help Desk" issues as it relates to triaging hardware, operating systems, software and networking problems as well as identifying training gaps and opportunities
- Helps answer trouble calls/emails and enters work orders into our help desk/tracking software
- Assists in the administration and maintenance of Internal Systems programs such as RIS
- Interacts with internal clients to resolve basic help desk issues; communicates with internal clients in a professional manner maintaining confidentiality
- Provides responses to internal clients in a timely manner
- Approaches problems with a "can do" attitude
- Listens to others and readily accepts orders from supervisors and input from team members
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional
- Relays relevant IT-related information to the company in a timely manner
- Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning
- Pro-actively seeks input from mentors and supervisors.
- Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent working experience
- Working knowledge of Radiology operations and systems
- Familiarity and working knowledge in the Healthcare IT field