RIS Support Analyst - East Brunswick, NJ
Sign-on Bonus Now Being Offered to Eligible New Hires!**
University Radiology, the largest provider of subspecialty radiology and teleradiology services in NJ, is comprised of over 140 Board Certified radiologists with advanced U.S.-based training and expertise in all modalities and all subspecialty areas. Our focus is on providing the highest quality subspecialty diagnostic care for our patients, referring physicians, hospitals and our healthcare clients. The more subspecialists driving this focus, the better the quality of care.
In operation for more than 50 years, University Radiology staffs, manages and provides preliminary and final subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for 10 affiliated regional healthcare centers and for our own 23 medical imaging centers. In addition, University Radiology serves as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Our physicians interpret over 1.8 million radiology procedures per year providing 24/7/365 coverage/interpretation services.
We have an exciting opening in our East Brunswick Business Office for a RIS Support Analyst. In this exciting new position, you will be responsible for the support, training and routine maintenance of the University Radiology RIS department database/applications, including the Group’s RIS Application (Medinformatics), the Group’s dictation system, (PowerSsribe360), Interface Engine (Corepoint), RightFax application, PhoneTree application, physician/patient web portal, and hospitals’ billing systems. You will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day RIS maintenance and support, including up-keep of the hospitals’ billing interfaces, log files clean-up, interface monitoring, exception handling, and error mitigation.
· Provide first response to emergent and urgent computer systems problems related to RIS interfaces and RIS database/application integrity
· Maintain and monitor the RIS interfaces including billing interfaces, Dictation System (Powerscribe360), Interface Engine (Corepoint), RightFax, PhoneTree, Web Portal (patients, physicians), Print Server, and ancillary systems
· Using Crystal Reports, maintain old reports and develop entirely new reports when the equivalent standard report does not exist
· Assist w/ the IT “Help Desk” issues as it relates to triaging hardware, operating systems, software and networking problems as well as identifying training gaps and opportunities
· Helps with the development and maintenance of downtime procedures
· Helps set up and maintain computer stations and software - RIS, VR and back office applications - to support the enterprise-wide Radiology operations
· Helps answer trouble calls/emails and enters work orders into our help desk/tracking software
· Assists in the administration and maintenance of Internal Systems programs such as RIS, VR as well as back office applications and the corresponding operating systems used
- Associates or Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent working experience
- Working knowledge of Radiology operations and systems
- Familiarity and working knowledge in the Healthcare IT field
- Clinical Information System Support
University Radiology offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and life insurance, 401k/pension, and profit-sharing plans, generous paid time off policy and more.
It is University Radiology Group’s policy effective October 15, 2021 that all staff will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Medical and/or Religious exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Join our growing team!
University Radiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.