University Radiology is seeking a Registered Nurse to work Per Diem to work as needed in our East Brunswick, New Brunswick and/or Metuchen, NJ Imaging Centers.
The general responsibilities include:
- Provide Pre-calls to patients when needed prior to scheduled Radiology procedure.
- Explains procedure to patient
- Provide additional information and instructions based on type of procedure being performed.
- Provide pertinent information to Radiologist and all supportive staff.
- Prepare for moderate sedation (Delivery of moderate sedation will be under the direction of the anesthesiologist)
- Note allergies and report to Radiologist prior to procedure
- Performs Intravenous Access
- Preparation and sterile technique for interventional procedures
- Perform pre-anesthesia screening and report to anesthesiology
- Monitoring of HR, BP, O2 Sat when needed
- Documentation in Radiology EMR
- Rapidly Respond to contrast reactions and be prepared to treat anaphylactic reactions.
- Complete staff and radiologist employee health requirements when needed
- Assist in other radiology procedures where needed
Candidates must have BLS and ACLS certifications. Three years of experience in either emergency or critical care is preferred. Radiology or cardiology experience is a plus.
Join our growing team!