Pre-Authorization Representative - East Brunswick, NJ
University Radiology, the largest provider of subspecialty radiology and teleradiology services in NJ, is comprised of over 140 Board Certified radiologists with advanced U.S.-based training and expertise in all modalities and all subspecialty areas. Our focus is on providing the highest quality subspecialty diagnostic care for our patients, referring physicians, hospitals and our healthcare clients. The more subspecialists driving this focus, the better the quality of care.
In operation for more than 50 years, University Radiology staffs, manages and provides preliminary and final subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for 10 affiliated regional healthcare centers and for our own 22 medical imaging centers. In addition, University Radiology serves as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Our physicians interpret over 1.8 million radiology procedures per year providing 24/7/365 coverage/interpretation services.
University Radiology Group is seeking a Full-time, Pre-Authorization Representative for our East Brunswick Business Office location. The hours will be:
Monday - Friday from 9:30 am-6:00 pm
- Work closely with referring physicians and payors to ensure authorization for the patients scheduled procedure (if required) is obtained prior to his/her appointment.
- Inform patient of instructions for the procedure, documentation required on the day of the exam, discuss financial responsibility, collect payment and set up payment plan.
- Document the patient’s electronic record with notes supporting conversation during call.
- Communicate all challenges, potential impact the challenge may have on the department and possible solution(s) to the management team.
• Working in high call volume
• Review a minimum of 60 accounts daily
• Understanding of the Revenue Cycle and the impact Pre-registration has within the Cycle.
• Knowledge of CPT/ICD9/ICD10 and insurance contracts/reimbursement required
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• 1 years of insurance verification required.
Bilingual a plus
University Radiology offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and life insurance, 401k/pension, and profit-sharing plans, generous paid time off policy and more.
Join our growing practice!