Payment Poster - East Brunswick, NJ
University Radiology, the largest provider of subspecialty radiology and teleradiology services in NJ, is comprised of over 140 Board Certified radiologists with advanced U.S.-based training and expertise in all modalities and all subspecialty areas. Our focus is on providing the highest quality subspecialty diagnostic care for our patients, referring physicians, hospitals and our healthcare clients. The more subspecialists driving this focus, the better the quality of care.
In operation for more than 50 years, University Radiology staffs, manages and provides preliminary and final subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for 10 affiliated regional healthcare centers and for our own 23 medical imaging centers. In addition, University Radiology serves as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Our physicians interpret over 1.8 million radiology procedures per year providing 24/7/365 coverage/interpretation services.
Reporting to the Patience Financial Services Manager, the Payment Poster will ensure all aspects of manual and electronic payments are accurately applied and reconciled within a timely manner.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Post manual and electronic patient/insurance payments and denials daily
- Reconcile daily
- Identify root cause to potential credit balances and variances
- Communicate payment status to Agencies
- Complete weekly EFT/ERA Reconciliation
- Research and resolve unapplied accounts
- Must be able to work in a high volume, fast pace work environment
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Self motivated – showing interest to self improve
- Must be able to work as part of a team therefore maintains a professional and positive work environment, including healthy work relationships with coworkers supporting each other, strong moral beliefs and shares positive energy
- Ability to learn quickly and accurately and toggle to and from different host and billing systems
- Understands not only the payment posting work flow but also the revenue cycle as a whole and the impact the individual has in the organization
- Effective at meetings - providing feedback, ideas and suggestions to improve the office day to day and moral skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Work, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of insurance contracts & reimbursement (Commercial, Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid, No Fault, Workers Comp)
- Knowledge of Insurance Websites
- Organizational skills
- 2 years’ experience as a payment poster
University Radiology offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and life insurance, 401k/pension, and profit-sharing plans, generous paid time off policy and more.
Join our growing practice!