Help Desk Analyst
IT Help Desk Analyst
Under the direction of the IT Manager, Informatics Dept., the Help Desk Analyst will assist with the coordination of all help desk activities, communicate with end users and the Informatics staff in an effort to resolve issues in a timely manner, and provide clerical support for the Informatics Department.
- TEAMWORK: Always views entire company as "Team URG." Consistently can be counted on to do whatever the "team" needs. Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships throughout URG.
- Establishes and maintains intradepartmental communication within the organization to enhance team effort.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volume emergencies, staffing and scheduling.
- Assists and supports others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Contributes to the overall success of the team.
- GUEST RELATIONS/CUSTOMER SERVICE: Consistently meets or exceeds patient and/or customer needs. Always maintains confidentiality.
- Communicates compassion and care in a non-judgmental manner.
- As a healthcare representative makes continuous efforts to identify opportunities to exceed patient's expectations.
- Uses ethical discretion in discussions related to patient, personal or organizational issues.
- Consistently uses language skills to convey a clear message with a positive and supportive attitude.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations regarding patient confidentiality and Protected Health Information.
- INITIATIVE/WORK ETHIC: Frequently initiates innovations and improvements to self, department and/or URG. Exhibits a strong, above average work ethic. Can be called upon to work above normal requirements whenever needed.
- Takes the initiative to identify problems and contribute to the solution. Voluntarily seek out other job duties during lulls in the work day.
- Seeks to grow professionally through attendance of continuing ed seminars.
- Finds ways to increase production by learning other job duties within the organization.
- Performs required tasks with little or no supervision.
- Takes personal initiative to maintain professional status with required credentials, licenses and CEU's.
- PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR/ATTITUDE: Maintains above average standards of professional appearance, attitude, behavior, attendance, and punctuality at all times. Always handles stressful situations in a manner which promotes a positive outcome. Maintains professional licenses and certifications as required.
- Maintains professional appearance as described in URG Policy and Procedure Manual at all times.
- Uses paid time off judiciously including sick time within established policy and procedures guidelines.
- Uses professional judgment which portrays a professional image of competency.
- Handles stressful situations rationally in a manner that promotes positive outcomes.
- Reports for work during extremes of weather and emergency conditions as necessary.
- May be requested to work overtime.
- Seldom late or absent. Gives advance notice when possible.
- Personal telephone calls during working hours are limited to emergencies.
- HELP DESK ANALYST’S JOB DUTIES:
- Help Desk Administration
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails sent to email@example.com from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing users’ issues into the help desk software application according to category of issue
- Provide support in accordance with established processes and document incidents and remedies
- Routing help desk requests that were already put in by the end user
- Escalate complex incidents to second-level support personnel
- Providing tier 1 level tech support for all calls or emails.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting assistance related to computer hardware and software, mobile devices and other tech tools and products
- Configuration and resetting the network access accounts whenever required
- Installation of new hardware’s and software’s
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information and provide staff training if required
- Provide stats for the weekly Help Desk report on call and email trends
- Basic Active Directory Knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
- Assist the Informatics team with all clerical tasks including, but not limited to, filing and ordering supplies.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Friendly disposition and helpful attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn software applications as needed
- Ability to multi-task
- Works well under pressure
- General knowledge of Computers
- Provide excellent services through phone or email to IT users for basic end user related hardware’s and software’s
- Basic User and Security Group Active Directory administration
- Knowledge of MS office, especially Word and Outlook desired
University Radiology offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and life insurance, 401k/pension and profit sharing plans, generous paid time off policy and more!
Job Status: Full Time