Front Desk Training Coordinator
University Radiology, the largest provider of subspecialty radiology and teleradiology services in NJ, is comprised of over 140 Board Certified radiologists with advanced U.S.-based training and expertise in all modalities and all subspecialty areas. Our focus is on providing the highest quality subspecialty diagnostic care for our patients, referring physicians, hospitals and our healthcare clients. The more subspecialists driving this focus, the better the quality of care.
In operation for more than 50 years, University Radiology staffs, manages and provides preliminary and final subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for 10 affiliated regional healthcare centers and for our own 23 medical imaging centers. In addition, University Radiology serves as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Our physicians interpret over 1.8 million radiology procedures per year providing 24/7/365 coverage/interpretation services.
The Patient Access Training Coordinator will coordinate and oversee training in the Front Desk receptionist positions for all URG outpatient offices. The Training Coordinator is responsible for knowing each job task throughout the department. The trainer collaborates with the Scheduling, PreAuth and RIS departments as the ‘Super User’ and works with the Managed Care department to stay current on insurance changes that impact the front office staff.
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM - some evenings/weekends as needed
- Carries out new hire orientation sessions, onboarding and ongoing competency validation for front office registration staff for University Radiology Group
- Assist with the development of educational and training material as needed within front office expertise to facilitate orientation, staff development and/or best practice improvements.
- Identifying and assessing on-going education / training needs within the outpatient offices’ front desk area;
- Developing, organizing, conducting and evaluating training programs; Must be proficient in all software used in the office settings
- Implementing training and performance improvement activities to ensure department and corporate goals are achieved.
- Updating site Supervisors and Managers of their employee’s skill after each training session; Provide feedback for employee evaluations.
- Expected to work closely and collaboratively with all the receptionists and office/practice Managers in the URG outpatient office to ensure competence and accuracy for all end users registering in the URG system(s).
- Responsible for understanding the complexities of health insurance plans and the relationship between the insurance carriers, i.e. Medicare, Commercial Insurance, Blue Cross, Workers Compensation, and self-pay.
- Educates and trains front desk staff with changes in insurance and workflow requirements of the URG systems, including regulatory requirements of the payers.
- Outstanding customer service skills and desire to actively display those skills to create great connections with our customers, both external (patients and visitors) and internal (other team members).
- 2 years of experience working as a Front Desk receptionist in a medical practice.
- Experience and knowledge related to Scheduling functions, Intake, Pre-registration/Registration, Insurance Verification, Authorization/Referrals and Financial Counseling required
- Ability to travel to all URG office locations including new sites, for extended period(s) of time.
- Excellent customer service skills and MS Office proficiency required
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
University Radiology offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and life insurance, 401k/pension, and profit-sharing plans, generous paid time off policy and more.
It is University Radiology Group’s policy effective October 15, 2021 that all staff will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Medical and/or Religious exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Join our growing team!
University Radiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.