Financial Billing Representative - East Brunswick, NJ
University Radiology, the largest provider of subspecialty radiology and teleradiology services in NJ, is comprised of over 140 Board Certified radiologists with advanced U.S.-based training and expertise in all modalities and all subspecialty areas. Our focus is on providing the highest quality subspecialty diagnostic care for our patients, referring physicians, hospitals and our healthcare clients. The more subspecialists driving this focus, the better the quality of care.
In operation for more than 50 years, University Radiology staffs, manages and provides preliminary and final subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for 10 affiliated regional healthcare centers and for our own 22 medical imaging centers. In addition, University Radiology serves as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Our physicians interpret over 1.8 million radiology procedures per year providing 24/7/365 coverage/interpretation services.
University Radiology is looking for a Patient Financial Services Billing Representative to ensure all charges and claims are processed efficiently and accurately supporting timely clean claim submissions to the appropriate carriers.
• Verify patients insurance eligibility benefits using third party software
• Understand and resolve all warnings and errors in the HDL scrubber interface as well as the RIS claims scrubber module related to patient demographics, insurance, and all other charge related data
• Correct claim errors promptly and efficiently to prevent delays in cash flow
• Understand and resolve all warnings, errors and rejections within our clearinghouse claims scrubber.
• Transmit claim batches/perform rebills as needed
• Monitor electronic claims to ensure clean claims are filed
• Identify potential billing issue trends and communicate findings timely to management
• Ensure charges and claims are maintained at an acceptable rate as outlined in Billing Workflow
• Maintains productivity as outlined in the Billing Workflow
• Contributes to team effort including but not limited to performing other related tasks as needed
• 2 years’ experience in medical billing
• Knowledge of CPT/modifiers and ICD-10 Codes and medical billing terminology
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a high volume, fast paced work environment
• Must be able to work as part of a team and maintain a professional and positive work attitude
• Strong organizational, time management skills and strong multitasking ability
• Must be detail oriented
University Radiology offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and life insurance, 401k/pension, and profit-sharing plans, generous paid time off policy and more.
Join our growing practice!