Director of Construction and Facilities
University Radiology, the largest provider of subspecialty radiology and teleradiology services in NJ, is comprised of over 140 Board Certified radiologists with advanced U.S.-based training and expertise in all modalities and all subspecialty areas. Our focus is on providing the highest quality subspecialty diagnostic care for our patients, referring physicians, hospitals and our healthcare clients. The more subspecialists driving this focus, the better the quality of care.
In operation for more than 50 years, University Radiology staffs, manages and provides preliminary and final subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for 10 affiliated regional healthcare centers and for our own 23 medical imaging centers. In addition, University Radiology serves as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Our physicians interpret over 1.8 million radiology procedures per year providing 24/7/365 coverage/interpretation services.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Director of Construction and Facilities.
The Director of Construction and Facilities is responsible for enterprise wide facilities maintenance, construction, equipment support and budgets for all University Radiology owned and operated facilities related functions. Will work closely with the Director of Operations, Associate Directors of Operations, Senior Managers, Office Managers, and Radiologists engaging best practices in facilities and construction management. Will be instrumental in forecasting future work and liaising with finance to budget work. Responsible for look and feel standardization across the practice.
- Prepares the Capital Budget in collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer for the coming year for capital, construction, and office furniture and equipment installation costs to Finance. In this regard, consults with medical staff, senior management and office management.
- Is the “hands on” project manager for construction projects and facility renovations
- Responsible for coordination of bid process and reporting to executive committee for large scale purchases
- Prepares bid requests for major capital construction with Finance
- Reviews bid responses and coordinates evaluation of projects in consultation with medical staff, legal department and senior management.
- Manages Group Purchasing Opportunities
- Oversees and acts as project manager in all construction projects from conception to completion
- Reviews construction projects with detail to provide an accurate schedule of deliverables and estimated costs.
- Oversees all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Must be able to work with Architect and General contractor in facilitating projects.
- Negotiate terms of agreements for mechanical, HVAC, and Landscaping
- Prepares and maintains policies and procedures regarding the care and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Coordinates all construction work across the practice
- Standardizes “look and feel” for offices enterprise wide
- Inspects offices to assure that facilities issues are identified as well as to assure that all appropriate maintenance is performed.
- To maintain and track preventative maintenance on all relevant equipment and facilities.
- Reports on successes and KPI’s for this area of responsibility
- Ensures all equipment is installed and maintained according to appropriate standards
- Pro-active preventive recommendations to ensure we get ahead of equipment issues
- Negotiate vendor contracts as they relate to facilities management
- Works with project manager, architects, contractors, to plan out all facilities projects, with budgets and timelines
- Oversees fleet vehicles maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, building trades, construction management or related field.
- Demonstrated background in construction, equipment procurement, installation/implementation and design.
- Experience with interpreting CAD, review of architectural drawings, maintenance management, and project management
- Proficiency in Office, Outlook, Excel and other management tools a plus
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality and safety standards e.g. OSHA.
- Demonstrated background in capital budgeting and construction cost oversight
- Excellent Communication Skill, Customer service and leadership.
- Graduate of accredited program in your modality, with required certifications
- Must have 5 years’ experience in construction management on the manager or director level
- Ideal candidate will be skilled at quality improvement, be self-reliant, a skilled negotiator, be teamwork oriented, have strong written and oral communication skills, persuasiveness and detail oriented.
University Radiology offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and life insurance, 401k/pension, and profit-sharing plans, generous paid time off policy and more.
Join our growing practice!