Clerical Assistant - East Brunswick, NJ
In operation for more than 50 years, University Radiology staffs, manages and provides preliminary and final subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for 10 affiliated regional healthcare centers and for our own 23 medical imaging centers. In addition, University Radiology serves as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Our physicians interpret over 1.8 million radiology procedures per year providing 24/7/365 coverage/interpretation services.
We are currently seeking an experienced Clerical Assistant to work in our East Brunswick, NJ Business Office.
Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Overview: Under the direction of the Director of Centralized Scheduling, performs all clerical duties in support of the department. Duties will include, but are not limited to, printing electronic orders and processing paperwork received via fax. Will look up patients and scan paperwork in MedInformatix.
- Maintaining the Electronic Orders Worklist in MI which includes, but is not limited to
- Correctly identifying the patient as existing or new
- Creating new patients only after searching multiple criteria
- Copying, printing, and scanning the order into the correct chart
- Distributing orders to the correct scheduler
- Maintaining any incoming faxes and attempting to identify the correct patient. If able to do so will scan the document into the correct chart and distribute to the schedulers
- Notifying the Interface Department of any lag time on orders being received
- Maintaining the unidentified fax bin and file folders
- Able to schedule all modalities except Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT
- Will assist in calling faxes and electronic orders, including STAT orders as needed
- Knowledge of radiological modalities
- Knowledge of MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced work environment
- Must be a team player who can contribute to providing a professional and positive work environment
- Basic knowledge of anatomy
University Radiology offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and life insurance, 401k/pension, and profit-sharing plans, generous paid time off policy and more.
It is University Radiology Group’s policy effective October 15, 2021 that all staff will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Medical and/or Religious exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Join our growing team!
University Radiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.