Clerical Assistant - Business Support - East Brunswick, NJ
Sign-on Bonus Now Being Offered to Eligible New Hires!**
University Radiology, the largest provider of subspecialty radiology and teleradiology services in NJ, is comprised of over 140 Board Certified radiologists with advanced U.S.-based training and expertise in all modalities and all subspecialty areas. Our focus is on providing the highest quality subspecialty diagnostic care for our patients, referring physicians, hospitals and our healthcare clients. The more subspecialists driving this focus, the better the quality of care.
In operation for more than 50 years, University Radiology staffs, manages and provides preliminary and final subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for 10 affiliated regional healthcare centers and for our own 23 medical imaging centers. In addition, University Radiology serves as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Our physicians interpret over 1.8 million radiology procedures per year providing 24/7/365 coverage/interpretation services.
University Radiology is currently seeking a Clerical Assistant who will provide business support to our Patient Financial Services Department at our East Brunswick Business Office.
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00pm
In this role, you will be completing a variety of clerical tasks. In addition, you may also rotate with the other members of the support staff to fill in at the reception desk at our business office as needed.
- Sort incoming mail to appropriate department daily
- Payment Posting Department correspondence
- Insurance correspondence to Collections Departments
- Patient correspondence to Support Collections Department
- Posts all outgoing mail
- Handles return mail, reviewing 100 pieces daily
- Accurately enters and/or updates patient demographics, insurance information, or any other information that pertains to patient account
- Research and update in MI all returned mail for “bad address”
- Print and mail claim reports with claim forms
- Handles correspondence related to Charity Care and Bankruptcy
- Accomplishes projects as an individual or within a team
- Complies with established policy and procedure, HIPAA, and safety standards
- Medical Legal Requests:
- Review and process all medical legal requests within the allotted time frame
- Track all payments received for medical legal requests
- Provide reports and or patient statements for all medical legal requests
- 2 years clerical experience
- Must be able to work in a high volume, fast paced work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn quickly, able to multi-task, toggle, and work within multiple systems
- Phone switchboard experience a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- General knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong organizational and time management skills
University Radiology offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401k/pension and profit sharing plans, generous paid time off policy and more!
It is University Radiology Group’s policy effective October 15, 2021 that all staff will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Medical and/or Religious exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Join our growing team!
University Radiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.