Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer
University Radiology Group
Reports Chief Executive Officer
University Radiology Group is one of the largest, most specialized, Board Certified radiology practices in the US. With over 135 sub-specialty radiologists, our size and depth of training and clinical expertise allows us to match every one of our patients with a radiologist who specializes in the patient’s area of concern. In operation for over 50 years, University Radiology staffs, manages and provides preliminary and final subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for 9 hospitals and 21 free standing imaging centers in New Jersey. Plus, we serve as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Our physicians interpret over 1.2 million radiology procedures each year.
The COO position will have direct responsibility for planning, directing, administering and coordinating the office operational activities of URG in accordance with the policies, goals and objectives established by the Board of Directors and the organizations leadership. These services include managing toward office operating effectiveness, assuring referrer satisfaction and patient satisfaction. This role will be directly responsible for overseeing all office operations, facilities and nursing. In addition, the COO will be a core member of the executive management leadership team that develops the URG business plan and will oversee the implementation of all major initiatives.
· Communicates all pertinent information conveyed within URG to staff, whether one to one or through staff meetings, as evidenced by meeting minutes, written responses by staff and other communications tools.
· Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development by keeping abreast of current industry trends.
· Participates in assigned Board Committee meetings, as necessary.
· Serves in a customer liaison role, working with the rest of the organization, as necessary to assure customer (physician and patient) satisfaction and business development.
· Maintains operational, administrative, policy and procedures to assure effective operations.
· Recommends and implements appropriate actions in accordance with regulatory standards to assure a safe and regulatory compliant environment.
· Promotes the delivery of services in a cost effective manner. Assures the sound fiscal operations of the office operations.
· Participates in the timely preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets as the administrative leader of office operations.
· Responsible to oversee the development/management of consistent and standard best practices among the technical staff.
· Develop the leadership and management capabilities of all subordinate staff.
· Assure the professional positioning of URG in the eyes of patients and referring physicians, alike, insofar as the look, feel and operational flow of the offices.
· Performs other administrative duties as required or directed by the President, the CEO or the Chair of the Office Committee.
· Reports to the CEO on progress with projects, operational and administrative issues, goals and objectives.
· Demonstrates a commitment to URG Strategic Principles
· Develop and foster relations between the imaging offices and business office departments, as well as among URG and hospital affiliates
· Recommends short and long term objectives of the group
· Establishment of a culture of collaboration and integration that supports employees creativity and innovation, while providing excellent patient care and improved patient satisfaction
· Achieving and maintaining strong financial health through proper management and oversight
· Ensuring regulatory compliance
· Establishing a culture of open communication, accountability and timely decision-making
· Maximizing operational efficiencies to provide the highest quality of safe and appropriate patient care
· Oversee workforce and resource decisions across organization
· Create an environment of continuous improvement that fosters physician and staff collaboration, enhanced revenues, cost control and improves overall performance
· Support new business strategies to enhance market share
· Creation of an effective operational organizational structure, creating accountability and responsibility over all UR offices.
· Direct management of subordinate staff responsible for all UR offices, facilities operations across the practice as well as nursing across the practice.
· A Bachelor’s degree in business or management. A Master’s degree will be considered a plus.
· Advanced relevant credentials.
· 15 years’ experience appropriate management and leadership experience
· 10 years’ experience as a senior in a healthcare organization, direct radiology experience preferred
· Broad understanding of healthcare issues
· Thorough knowledge of modern management principles, practices and methods
· Experience operating effectively in a complex decision making setting
· Working experience with diverse groups