A/R Rep (Patient Financial Services) - East Brunswick, NJ
Sign-on Bonus Now Being Offered to Eligible New Hires!**
University Radiology, the largest provider of subspecialty radiology and teleradiology services in NJ, is comprised of over 140 Board Certified radiologists with advanced U.S.-based training and expertise in all modalities and all subspecialty areas. Our focus is on providing the highest quality subspecialty diagnostic care for our patients, referring physicians, hospitals and our healthcare clients. The more subspecialists driving this focus, the better the quality of care.
In operation for more than 50 years, University Radiology staffs, manages and provides preliminary and final subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for 10 affiliated regional healthcare centers and for our own 23 medical imaging centers. In addition, University Radiology serves as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Our physicians interpret over 1.8 million radiology procedures per year providing 24/7/365 coverage/interpretation services.
University Radiology is currently seeking experienced A/R Representatives to work full-time in our East Brunswick, NJ Business Office.
• Performs various collection actions including contacting patients and insurance by phone or website
• Professionally communicates and resolves claims with the insurance carrier representatives and ascertain relationships that will assist processing claims efficiently
• Will understand and resolve rejections, denials, insufficient payments and unpaid claims
• Correct, resubmit and appeal claims to third party payers
• Accurately entering and/or updating patient demographics, insurance information and any other information that may pertain resolution of the account
• Monitor, analyze and communicate account receivable challenges and opportunities to the management team as well as contribute with own ideas and solutions
- Report payor issues/trends
- Report number of accounts and dollars associated with issue
• Handles correspondence daily
• Accomplish projects as a team member or individual as assigned
• Comply with established policies and procedure, objectives, HIPAA and safety standards
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Work, Excel, Outlook)
• Knowledge of CPT/ICD9 and all insurance contracts & reimbursement (Commercial, Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid, No Fault, Workers Comp)
• Knowledge of Insurance Websites
• Must be able to work in a high volume, fast pace work environment
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Self motivated – showing interest to self improve
• Must be able to work as part of a team therefore maintains a professional and positive work environment, including healthy work relationships with coworkers supporting each other, strong moral beliefs and shares positive energy
• Ability to learn quickly and accurately and toggle to and from different host and billing systems
• Understands not only the collection work flow but also the revenue cycle as a whole and the impact the individual has in the organization
• Effective at meetings - providing feedback, ideas and suggestions to improve the office day to day and moral
• Organizational skills
• 2 years’ experience as a collector
University Radiology offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, life insurance, 401k/pension and profit sharing plans, generous paid time off policy and more!
It is University Radiology Group’s policy effective October 15, 2021 that all staff will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Medical and/or Religious exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Join our growing team!
University Radiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.